One Piece RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP is a new non-canon forum RP focused on building a strong active community.

Phoenix D. Jack has been promoted to Administrator, and Ray Ignazia has been promoted to Head Moderator.
We are currently still in a beta like phase, and still working out some kinks like fixing up the tasks and stat system - but those that stay with us will be rewarded with limited edition stuff.

2 posters

Rufians a foot

Tyler D
    Tyler D

Rank 1- Paramecia Fruit User- Player-

Lineage : Blood Bane

Beli Beli : 9255
    Race : Human
    Affiliation : Marine

Character Profile
    Character Name: Tyler Di'angelo
    Primary Skill: Dan'yaku-Dan'yaku no mi
    Secondary Skill:

Rufians a foot Empty Rufians a foot

Post by Tyler D Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:49 pm

Task Name: Ruffians a foot
    Task Rank: Recruit Marines
    Boss Required?: No
    Task Details: Minor pirates that have made a small splash in the news have been spotted in the north blue area. They have been spotted constantly entering Lvneel Kingdom and are causing disturbances. They seem to be rather in experienced and have a crew of 10. The pirate leader has some minor swordplay skill. We have been requested to deal with them quickly. Capturing them all alive would be preferred but if your lives are endangered then kill at will.
    Phoenix D. Jack
    Phoenix D. Jack

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/Chatbox Moderator- Rank 1- Beta 3 Tester- Yonko- Captain- Limited Edition Donor- Novice- Logia Fruit User- Player-

Lineage : Legacy of a Legend

Beli Beli : 584647
    Crew : Gallant Pirates
    Affiliation : Pirate

Character Profile
    Character Name: Phoenix D. Jack
    Primary Skill: Mera Mera No Mi
    Secondary Skill: Rokushiki: Soru and Rankyaku

Rufians a foot Empty Re: Rufians a foot

Post by Phoenix D. Jack Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:17 pm

Accepted
    Tyler D
    Tyler D

Character Profile
    Secondary Skill:

Post by Tyler D Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:36 pm

http://www.onepiecerp.com/t1434-rufians-a-foot-task-open#7665 Complete
    Phoenix D. Jack
    Phoenix D. Jack

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/Chatbox Moderator- Rank 1- Beta 3 Tester- Yonko- Captain- Limited Edition Donor- Novice- Logia Fruit User- Player-

Character Profile

Post by Phoenix D. Jack Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:44 pm

I definetly hope not... that is not acceptable...
    Tyler D
    Tyler D

Character Profile
    Secondary Skill:

Post by Tyler D Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:46 pm

Exactly why not?

Concidering there is no requirements but to capture the pirates nor no word count OR post count 886 words should easily be valid.
    Phoenix D. Jack
    Phoenix D. Jack

Character Profile

Post by Phoenix D. Jack Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:02 pm

Cause this is something that was proberly written within a span of an hour tops, when you're not going solo, writting with others on a task this would be vastly longer, this is a childsplay to write.

No we don't have a minimum to a task, but I have told everyone that I deal in the staff members accept on something, this wasn't a task, it was I don't know a summery of a task.

considering technicly a post ranges from 10 seconds to 10 minutes a post, and even 10 minutes in a post is steching it unless you're walking somewhere or making an introduction to a thead. here you taking care of a crew of 11 as if it was a childsplay if you ever did something like this on a basis of a thread with others it would be considered godmodding... you're a rank 1... not a rank 3 the pirate leader should atleast proove challenging, else this was a easy job and easy jobs doesn't grant you much if in this case anything.

this is why I advice against doing tasks on your own since it is hard to write out, as you'll be comming up with everything yourself.

Further proof this is a task that grants half the reward of a coop task, but you've not nearly put in the effort of half a co-op task, neither has your character infact...
    Tyler D
    Tyler D

Character Profile
    Secondary Skill:

Post by Tyler D Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:15 pm

Cause this is something that was proberly written within a span of an hour tops, when you're not going solo, writting with others on a task this would be vastly longer, this is a childsplay to write.

Whether writing with another or on your own. It doesnt really matter how long the post is. That post i created explains exactly how the mission was carried out and exactly how the pirates were taken care off. THAT is the task. To capture the pirates. THAT is what happened and that is how it was carried out. THe TASK was not to impress you.

No we don't have a minimum to a task, but I have told everyone that I deal in the staff members accept on something, this wasn't a task, it was I don't know a summery of a task.

Again the task was to capture the pirates - The task was carried out. Summary or not.

considering technicly a post ranges from 10 seconds to 10 minutes a post, and even 10 minutes in a post is steching it unless you're walking somewhere or making an introduction to a thead. here you taking care of a crew of 11 as if it was a childsplay if you ever did something like this on a basis of a thread with others it would be considered godmodding... you're a rank 1... not a rank 3 the pirate leader should atleast proove challenging, else this was a easy job and easy jobs doesn't grant you much if in this case anything.

Level 1 is the easiest - Pirate leader of a pirate group who has close to no fame = same as a marine rper. Id bloody well hope youd concider it god modding if i was auto hitting bitches left rigth and center. But alas this is NPC based not member based. The pirate captain only has minor skill in swordsman ship. Minor skill in sword play against decent ability in marksmanship. Well logically its obvious which would win which is why it won in the thread. not to mention i have the distance advantage - The surprise advantage - the speed advantage? Should i go on? no because logically the post is presentable. Just because you DISLIKE solo threads is not my problem. When MARINES become more active then i wont need to solo but for now its all that i can do. deal.

this is why I advice against doing tasks on your own since it is hard to write out, as you'll be comming up with everything yourself.

Further proof this is a task that grants half the reward of a coop task, but you've not nearly put in the effort of half a co-op task, neither has your character infact...

Again its not really up to you to say effort this effort that. It is so much more easier to do CO-OP based roleplay as you have somejoen to bounce of when writing rather than only writing yourself. So dont go bullshitting about effort without factoring in everything. Its laughable. This task is done it was done using logic and done via soloing. IT is closer to the 1k mark than the 500 mark. I really don't see any problem other than your personal issue of soloing Vs Co-op
    Phoenix D. Jack
    Phoenix D. Jack

Character Profile

Post by Phoenix D. Jack Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:33 pm

This "effort" as you've put into this is something I could write 3 to 5 times daily, that is nonnegotiable I could do that. this is put in a summery and while you consider that fine, but I don't thats a fact. a task is not supossed to be a one post finnish. it is actually laughable that you're taking this discussion up with me, all things considered.

I do not dislike solo threads, frankly I have no problem with them, I have problem with people writting off a task like it was nothing expecting quick rewards.

weather it is level 1 task or not that does not mean you can consider it chldsplay, if so this task would be better suited for some I don't know marine boy crew, weather thay are nobodies or famed pirates, taking them down like nothing make no sense decent or not shot as you might be, it is common sense to I don't know dodge or atleast attempt to, even the gratest marksman doesn't hit the mark on every moving target. throw in some creativity.

you wrote that task as if your character was a top notch marine who couldn't be bothered with such pety members... you're a recrut at a point in your marine life where most are overzealous and overtrained. put greatly into that "MOST" This was a boring summery. write in a detailed manner to hard quit or get someoe to join you this is a roleplaying board, not a storywritting game.

and lastly, it isn't up to me to judge the effort, actually it is very much so up to me, I am the one judging your task, much alike a teacher judging an essay. Your task is to carry out its to capture pirate not write about how you captured them... if that logic is too hard then by all means find a partner to do it with.

If you come at me again that this was how it happened and all then fair enough task is done, but the pirates where so easy, there was no reputation increase, as it wasn't really anything.
    Tyler D
    Tyler D

Character Profile
    Secondary Skill:

Post by Tyler D Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:01 pm

TROLOLOLOLOLOOLOL.

Tha response was literally the funniest response iv ever read. Like are you for serail?

[quote]This "effort" as you've put into this is something I could write 3 to 5 times daily, that is nonnegotiable I could do that. this is put in a summery and while you consider that fine, but I don't thats a fact. a task is not supossed to be a one post finnish. it is actually laughable that you're taking this discussion up with me, all things considered.

1. Your posts arent all that. Iv checked them son.
    2. Again its not whether you can do them or what you can do. This is how the mission was set out MY mission with MY post. If it had been a mission you created with how you wanted to do it then by all means its a different story but no its MY mission not yours.
    3. Soloing means 1 post son. Don't get me started on multiple posts for a single person.

I do not dislike solo threads, frankly I have no problem with them, I have problem with people writting off a task like it was nothing expecting quick rewards.

1. You openly state your disdain for them.
    2. Again closer to the 1k mark than the 500. That could be an hour used for something else but instead i chose to post. Again your acting liek your all high and mighty. Your posts arent that impressive so please remove yourself form the high horse.

weather it is level 1 task or not that does not mean you can consider it chldsplay, if so this task would be better suited for some I don't know marine boy crew, weather thay are nobodies or famed pirates, taking them down like nothing make no sense decent or not shot as you might be, it is common sense to I don't know dodge or atleast attempt to, even the gratest marksman doesn't hit the mark on every moving target. throw in some creativity.

1. This little part shows you didn't bother reading.
    2. It makes perfect sense. Removing the legs = unable to stand unable to fight. Its you trying to dispute it that makes no sense.
    3. Again this shows you havent read anything. Please re-read the post.

you wrote that task as if your character was a top notch marine who couldn't be bothered with such pety members... you're a recrut at a point in your marine life where most are overzealous and overtrained. put greatly into that "MOST" This was a boring summery. write in a detailed manner to hard quit or get someoe to join you this is a roleplaying board, not a storywritting game.

1. I wrote my task as if my character was a top notch gunsman not marine.
    2. Roleplaying boards are about writing a story.
    3. The details are there its proven that you failed to read and just skimmed by these stupid points.
    4. Again i find it laughable that your openly attacking someones rp as if you are the god of rp when iv read it your not.

and lastly, it isn't up to me to judge the effort, actually it is very much so up to me, I am the one judging your task, much alike a teacher judging an essay. Your task is to carry out its to capture pirate not write about how you captured them... if that logic is too hard then by all means find a partner to do it with.

Are you an idiot? because your coming of as it.

Your task is to carry out its to capture pirate not write about how you captured them...

1. My task is to capture the pirates THUS my task is to be all about how i capture them thus my writing should be how i captured them and went about it. Which if you read and don't skim you'll find out exactly how ^^. Your repeating yourself and making judgements that have no logic or base leg to stand on.
    If you come at me again that this was how it happened and all then fair enough task is done, but the pirates where so easy, there was no reputation increase, as it wasn't really anything.

It is also your job to check if the mission is carried out.

1. Pirates were captured
    2. None were killed
    3. Pirates were captured within the scope of abilities character is capable of utiliizing
    4. It is all logical and easily done

Your job is to not dispute the effort put into a post but to make sure the task itself was carried out. The task was carried out. If it is via your personal opinion then you need to set up some task rules if not then by the standard and by all the rules given this task is complete and gains the appropriate award.
    Phoenix D. Jack
    Phoenix D. Jack

Character Profile

Post by Phoenix D. Jack Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:34 pm

Look pal friend or whatever I do not care for your observation of things, you gain no reward for your task that is my decesion, even futher this discussion is only making things work, normally I'd say go look at some approved task but well brilliant as someone here was they are gone so you can't even use them for information.

You've checked my posts? you have acess to none of my posts as far as I'm concerned you know nothing about me, your post is a good post I never stated otherwise, but a Task is not a post, it is a thread.

But since you insist on barging down rules on me and my "job" as you call it something I do cause I was asked with no gain in doing so is hardly what you call a job but well my job is to check if people abide by the rules, you don't as you do tasks without being part of a crew, and since you are so ecelent at reciting rules for me to read then go on read that.

I'm am dead serious, this task is not approved. That you insist to continue this discussion that that it is rather annoying, normally I'd have the time to take this on proberly but I'm not even at my home.

And what the hell is the point of this "closer to the 1k mark" who the hell has put the idea into you that thats how I rate them frankly I didn't need a word count as its got nothing to do with word count, I could easily tell that it was a writting not a roleplaying I was going to read here, it was like reading a report of what had happened, with a small roleplaying in the end.

So stop talking bull about my job, I did my job, that you're annoyed about the decesion is all good I understand you, but this is not going to pass.

I am terribly sorry that there are no minimum requirements for a thread, as before now it has not been an issue since people have figured out how to make threads on an appropiate scala, but by all means I shall look into it so that these things get resolved so there will be no problems in the future.
    Tyler D
    Tyler D

Character Profile
    Secondary Skill:

Post by Tyler D Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:51 pm

Phoenix D. Jack wrote:Look pal friend or whatever I do not care for your observation of things, you gain no reward for your task that is my decesion, even futher this discussion is only making things work, normally I'd say go look at some approved task but well brilliant as someone here was they are gone so you can't even use them for information.

You've checked my posts? you have acess to none of my posts as far as I'm concerned you know nothing about me, your post is a good post I never stated otherwise, but a Task is not a post, it is a thread.

Click name - Click statistics - Click view posts member has made = Thats how to find posts made by other people ^^. So yes i did have access.

But since you insist on barging down rules on me and my "job" as you call it something I do cause I was asked with no gain in doing so is hardly what you call a job but well my job is to check if people abide by the rules, you don't as you do tasks without being part of a crew, and since you are so ecelent at reciting rules for me to read then go on read that.

IMPORTANT: Accomplishing tasks Solo will give you half of the reward allotted. Yes the mission is harder however just because YOU choose to make the mission harder does not mean you get a reward, and we want people working together in a community driven role play. Only Elite Marines are able to do Solo Tasks and gain the full reputation. You are only able to do solo tasks when in a crew as marine unless you're a rank 3.

So yeah that whole bs about look at the rules kinda just shut down with that quote son.

I'm am dead serious, this task is not approved. That you insist to continue this discussion that that it is rather annoying, normally I'd have the time to take this on proberly but I'm not even at my home.

And what the hell is the point of this "closer to the 1k mark" who the hell has put the idea into you that thats how I rate them frankly I didn't need a word count as its got nothing to do with word count, I could easily tell that it was a writting not a roleplaying I was going to read here, it was like reading a report of what had happened, with a small roleplaying in the end.

A thread is a roleplay topic. Generally a thread is created when the first post is created [Thus a post begins the thread] Soloing = 1 person = 1 post = SOLO!!. Which again rules show being fully capable

So stop talking bull about my job, I did my job, that you're annoyed about the decesion is all good I understand you, but this is not going to pass.

I am terribly sorry that there are no minimum requirements for a thread, as before now it has not been an issue since people have figured out how to make threads on an appropiate scala, but by all means I shall look into it so that these things get resolved so there will be no problems in the future.

Again the task created by a solo member [Which rules allow] Is passed when a task is complete. My task was completed fair and square. Simply because you do not like it personally doesnt mean it can be denied. Your using personal opinion without even bothering to go through it. ALSO once more Rping is all about writing a story that you think otherwise is debatable.
    Phoenix D. Jack
    Phoenix D. Jack

Character Profile

Post by Phoenix D. Jack Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:09 pm

Did you even read the rule you posted to me... now come on read the last line of those rules clearly... "You are only able to do solo tasks when in a crew as marine unless you're a rank 3."
    You are not in a crew, therefor cannot complete a task. Done that alone is enough so that you can't gain a reward.

Even more so every roleplay thread in and prior to beta 3 has been moved to the achieves so you haven't read a single roleplay post of mine... So take it down a notch.

I shall be clear to you again, this is not a matter of my personal oppinion, read my next sentence clearly "I even beleive your post is fairly well written" But I hardly see this as more than a very good starter to a nice thread, not an entire thread, least to say an entire task. No tasks have been approved with words counted so low, not even solo tasks, I think we've approved 1-2 solo tasks each having over 8 Posts of 500 words each... so yes its not a matter of me not liking your ost it is a matter of it lacking... As I also said I am terribly sorry that there are no minimum requirements of a thread, that will be changed so that you can have some guidelines to go by... apparently you need them.

To be honnest what stands in the rules and what you think that means isn't always the same thing... I was the one who approved this task to begin with in faith that you wasn't going to do something like this... This as I said, if allowed will mean I can complete 5 a day, and don't go saying you've read my posts when you clearly haven't, furthermore I now I can since I've written far longer solo's in the past.

Now stop acting like I'm some kind of idiot who doesn't understand the rules, I've understood that there was a flaw in the rules with the no minimum requirement, but I thought that free as it was if any staff member told someone its not enough or thats a do over the player would agree and do it over, but it shall be rectrified so that there will not be any misunderstandings in the future. But you wont be rewarded for pointing that thing out to me.
    Tyler D
    Tyler D

Character Profile
    Secondary Skill:

Post by Tyler D Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:20 pm

Then you realize that entire rule is fully hypocritical.

Accomplishing tasks Solo will give you half of the reward allotted. Yes the mission is harder however just because YOU choose to make the mission harder does not mean you get a reward, and we want people working together in a community driven role play.

So you gain half the reward for soloing but only elite marines can solo. YET ELITE SOLO'S GAIN FULL REWARD.

Rule sense = 0

http://www.onepiecerp.com/t1072-emanate-island-ark-part-1-arrival
    << Read

I shall be clear to you again, this is not a matter of my personal oppinion, read my next sentence clearly "I even beleive your post is fairly well written" But I hardly see this as more than a very good starter to a nice thread, not an entire thread, least to say an entire task. No tasks have been approved with words counted so low, not even solo tasks, I think we've approved 1-2 solo tasks each having over 8 Posts of 500 words each... so yes its not a matter of me not liking your ost it is a matter of it lacking... As I also said I am terribly sorry that there are no minimum requirements of a thread, that will be changed so that you can have some guidelines to go by... apparently you need them.

So you use guidlines when approving them yeah? So what your saying is you use a guidline yet its hilarious when someone else needs to ask about them. Again multiple posts in a thread with only one person is stupid and laughable. Whats the point in double or triple posting when there is only 1 person.

To be honnest what stands in the rules and what you think that means isn't always the same thing... I was the one who approved this task to begin with in faith that you wasn't going to do something like this... This as I said, if allowed will mean I can complete 5 a day, and don't go saying you've read my posts when you clearly haven't, furthermore I now I can since I've written far longer solo's in the past.

Again showed the thread with you rping to prove iv seen you rp ^^

Now stop acting like I'm some kind of idiot who doesn't understand the rules, I've understood that there was a flaw in the rules with the no minimum requirement, but I thought that free as it was if any staff member told someone its not enough or thats a do over the player would agree and do it over, but it shall be rectrified so that there will not be any misunderstandings in the future. But you wont be rewarded for pointing that thing out to me.

and now you know ^^ Thankfully finally there is an active marine who im now re-doing it with so all this is kinda mute now but still least it got through to you that unwritten shit needs to be written.

Phoenix D. Jack
    Phoenix D. Jack

Character Profile

Post by Phoenix D. Jack Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:31 pm

I am not the one who wrote these rules, I'm the one who has to go around making sure they are kept, thing has been changed I have changed things, I really do my best around here. But it ain't easy to go around finding every single mistake and flaw and finding every single problem with every fix.

alright wasn't aware that 1 of my threads are still around, yet that still has nothing to say with my capabelities, to be fair I've not yet felt like taking my time around here since I'm most likely rushed... so don't go on to me about my level... leave it at that. Since frankly it is quite insulting.

Multiple posts in a thread is a very common thing that you find it laughable, well thats your problem, not a rule issue.

To go on with this after the thing is moot is a huge annoyance there are far better ways to go about doing something like this than to do it like this, I even pointed out the flaw two posts ago, but what now that you have a solution it is good enough? Well Congratulations you have prooved that the rules who ust came out of beta is flawed and pissed of the head admin, have a nice day.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 pm